Followers

Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

We're pulling up roots

I'm feeling a bit melancholy today. It's our last day in the area. Tomorrow, September 1st, we will be packing up and heading about 2 hours south of here to be near my daughter. I always feel a little sad when I leave a place that we've stayed at for awhile. I guess my roots are hurting me. This campground is somewhat near our old home, so it's nice to catch up with my friends, and be around familiar surroundings, and to be near family.

I like to walk over to see the moo-cows at the pasture next to the campground whenever I feel like it. Sometimes they come over to see me; other times they ignore me.

I'll miss Tranquility Pond across from us with all the geese. I've learned to walk around their poop. I've gotten used to waking up to their honking as they fly over our trailer.

On the plus side, I'm excited to see my grand daughter, Lily.



That first year just flies by. We'll be spending a month in the area (central Illinois) and then head out October 1st on our way to Albuquerque, NM for the hot air balloon fiesta.

September will fly by, I am sure. Things I will do during this month:

1. Visit Rip's Chicken

2. Hike in Starved Rock State Park

3. Go back up to Northwestern suburbs of Chicago for 11 days of dog-sitting two hounds - one of which is 100 pounds of Marley-and-me mischievous fun loving still a puppy golden retriever; the other a 65 pound on-it's-death-bed Collie. I would only do this for my brother. Lot's of blog fodder, I'm sure. My husband wants no part of this so his is bacherloring it that week and a half, and I'm, well, I'm not exactly alone, am I?

For those of you who signed up to follow me because I travel - starting October we'll be hitting the road and there will be lots of posts about the places we see. Last April we traveled the Natchez Trace, which runs from Natchez, Mississippi to Nashville, Tennessee. You can read about my travels in the older posts of April and May.

Ta-Ta

12 comments:

f8hasit said...

Safe travels until you park again!
:-)

Someone told me just yesterday, "Endings are just diguised new beginnings."

Sunny said...

Happy trails to you and safe travels.
Look forward to 'hearing' from you.
Sunny :)

Rae said...

It will be nice to see your travel log once you start out for the long road trip.. Until then welcome back to Central Illinois. Hope you enjoy your visit with your granddaughter.

SquirrelQueen said...

It's always hard to pack up and leave an area but then adventure awaits on the open road.

Have a safe journey,
Judy

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Enjoy your granddaughter.... she is adorable! If you come through on I-70 stop and see me!

Historical sites with charmine said...

Your grand kiddo is very pretty.I too feel sad when we leave....but travel is always better than sitting in one spot.Right now ,I'm grounded hahaha!!!Well blame it on SWINE FLU ,no! I don't have it ,but it is a very real scare.Will travel soon.

NikonSniper said...

pat,
wife, daughter and i will be at balloon fest too this year. seeing grand kids is a big plus. i miss mine when i am gone photographing out west for two weeks. i am grandpop to 5 grand-daughters. what a blast they are.
nikonsniper steve

Allen said...

Pat,

Have a safe trip to see your family. Your grand daughter is so cute. =o)

Hot air balloons are so cool. My dad told me that when I move close to him, that we are going to go in a hot air balloon. His neighbor flies all the Disney Balloons. Woot.

Valerie said...

Aww Pat, hope it's not long before you park and blog. Have a safe and happy journey. Your granddaughter is lovely.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Have a great time!

Your granddaughter is gorgeous.

Carletta said...

Hi Pat,
I can't even imagine traveling all the time. I do look forward to getting back home and my familiar surroundings. I hope you have safe travel.
I didn't realize your we both have a granddaughter named Lily - I KNOW you'll enjoy your visit.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, wow, the life of a gypsywoman for sure!!! love it!!! this was the kind of life i had until i became and adult - would love to have a big rv lifestyle now - or even a little cowgirl or gypsy wagon to pull along behind and do whenever wherever i wish! and what an absolutely adorable beautiful little grandbaby!!! thanks so much for dropping by my place and i hope you'll come again soon! till then, happy trails!
jenean