Followers

Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicago - My Kind of Town - Final Installment

In my first post here I wrote about our ride on the Tall Ship Windy on Lake Michigan. My second post here is about Navy Pier.

The next three photos I like to call, "Views from a cab". While our driver was zipping through the city streets, I was trying to snap photos out the window. These are the results.

This is Marina Towers. You can read more about the interesting architecture here. I like how you can see the area blurred on the bottom of the photo - you KNOW I am moving!


This is the new Trump Towers. I couldn't get the whole building, but I got a good portion of it!


I saw this and thought, "What a cool name for a nightclub!"


Uh, no. Apparently it's an "environmental solutions" company. Oops. My bad.

We were taking a cab to see the newest sensation in Chicago. The Marilyn Monroe statue. It got mixed reviews. Some people thought it was tasteless and tacky. Me? It thought it was kind of cool.


I just had to get her, ahem, backside, too!

And, no, that is NOT Jim!

Right near the Monroe statue is a wonderful tribute to Jack Brickhouse, a sports announcer for many of the Chicago sports teams, but most notably the Chicago Cubs.



We had a wonderful time in Chicago, as we always do, but soon we were home again, home again, jiggity jig.


THE END

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Loved all these pictures, Pat, and like you I think the Marilyn statue is cool. It's history, therefore it's not tasteless. Are you sure that wasn't Jim clinging to her leg?

AiringMyLaundry said...

Great pictures, as always. I hope to visit Chicago someday.

Anonymous said...

it makes me even more glad than I already was to live just a short train ride away....amazing city, and a fabulous tribute :)

Brian Miller said...

very cool...love the architecture...i think the statue is cool....even the one of the announcer...watched many a cub game in my days...

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wonderful tour of Chicago! I love the Marilyn Monroe statue! At least they wore panties back then!!

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos. Looks like a cool place to visit! Have a wonderful day !

Jeannelle said...

I found your blog the other day and have enjoyed the tour of Chicago. Very good photos! I've been to the Windy City twice in my life and had a great time.

I may be back later this week to join the Things in a Row meme.

CiCi said...

Anyone who know anything about Marilyn Monroe has seen a picture of her standing over the vent with her skirt blowing up and around her. I think Chicago is pretty open minded to have the huge statue on display in their city. Glad you had such a great time in Chicago.

kisatrtle said...

I have loved your pics of Chicago

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

You really are a great photographer Pat! Thanks for this series on Chicago.