Followers

Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday's Things in a Row

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY MAKE YOU DROOL AND YOUR STOMACH GROWL.

(I KNOW IT HAPPENED TO ME, AND I WAS THE ONE POSTING IT!!)

This week's theme is all about CHOCOLATE. YUMMO!

Around Christmastime my sister and I visited a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Northern IL. I had never heard of this store before, but I found out later that they have stores in 37 states, Canada and the United Arab Emirates. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory features over 300 varieties of hand made chocolates and confections.

We walked into the store, and a heavenly smell filled my nostrils.

CHOCOLATE

In every way, shape and form.

I thought I died and went to heaven.

Because don't we ALL think that heaven is made out of chocolate?

NO?

Oh.

Okay. I'll get on with the photos.

First, let me introduce you to Carol.




Isn't she sweet? I introduced myself to Carol and asked if I could take photos in the store for my blog. She said that she didn't mind and that she, too, had a blog. She is a "foodie" - just loves to cook. Click here to read her blog.


Oookay. Things in a row! Right!


Wooden baskets filled with goodies for Christmas!
 
A menorah.


Toffee apples: Granny Smith apple coated in sweet, thick, chewy caramel, rolled in almonds and toffee pieces and drizzled with milk chocolate. (mouth watering yet?)


These are Oreo apples. I'm thinking that first they are smothered in caramel, then white chocolate (?), then rolled in Oreo cookie crumbs.


Strawberry and orange cremes.


English toffee on the left, dark chocolate English toffee on the right. These pieces are about 2" L x 1 1/2" W. The toffee is not real hard so when you take a bite, it just melts in your mouth. TO.DIE.FOR.


All sorts of goodies in the jars in a row!



Look how cute the suckers were displayed!


I don't know what the official name of this is, but it looks like a white chocolate pie with nuts and chocolate drizzled across the top of it. Sure, I'll have a slice of that!


I neglected to take a photo of the shop from outside, but inside it was very cute. Bright, clean, and cozy. Here tables were set up near the window so you could watch the passersby. The shop is located on the main street with many other stores. I love the pictures of their products hanging on the walls. You may wonder why they have tables and chairs......they also serve ice cream here.


The shelves were filled with gift ideas.


Here is a sign advertising their prices. As you can see, they are quite pricey. But, I can personally testify that IT IS WELL WORTH IT!!





If you are interested, you can order from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory online.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Did you take lots of pictures while I was gone? Can't wait to see what you have for me this week!


19 comments:

Jientje said...

Oooooh my, you did make me drool! I saw the warning in my reader and wanted to find out what it was all about! Like a naughty child! It's a good thing looking at pictures does not make you put on weight, or I would have gained quite a few pounds here!
Happy New Year Pat, I hope 2012 brings you lots of joy and happiness!

SquirrelQueen said...

I should have heeded your warning Pat, not only am I drooling but my stomach is growling like crazy.
It all looks delicious, especially that toffee. Yum!

Valerie said...

Super pictures, Pat, but I should have stopped looking after reading your warning. It was unkind of you to show all that chocolate when I've run out of it...grins.

Lesley said...

You are so cruel
;-)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

So tempting, lots of yummy goodies there Pat.

Leovi said...

I love these delicious sweets.

Brian Miller said...

oh wow...it gave me a tummy ache just to read and look at...cause that is what i would have by the time i got done...smiles.

Halcyon said...

Luckily it's breakfast time. THink I will have some hot cocoa! :)

B. WHITTINGTON said...

What great photos and what delicious looking candy. How on earth would you decide what to buy??? I'd want one of everything. Yes, I'm drooling.
Shame on you but thanks just the same. Now I have to go in search of a forgotten chocolate somewhere in the house. See what you've done!
Blessings, Barb

Jeannelle said...

What could be better than rows of chocolates! I'd love to visit this place!

Unknown said...

OMG! I was so overcome by all that gorgeous chocolate, I almost peed my pants!

DesertHen said...

YUM, YUM, YUM! Good thing I was eating lunch when I read this...it kept the growling to a minimum! LOL!

kisatrtle said...

Drooling....

Kathy's Klothesline said...

the apple with the white chocolate and oreo crumbs ...... oh, my goodness.

labbie1 said...

Your chocolate looks much better than MY chocolate! LOL

Now I'm hungry again seeing all of the goodies! I want one (or more!) of each!

Adrianne Molin said...

wow! I wish I could taste each! You made me drool!


Puerto Azul |
top tourist destination in the Philippines

Francisca said...

Meanie... This was a yummy post that made my thighs expand by two inches! LOL! Happy New Year, Pat!

Lynda said...

What can one say other than YUMMY and you are making me hungry with this pictures?!!!

SUGAR MOON said...

Great pictures. I enjoyed them!!!