Followers

Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Signs - Hunting for a Photo

For months on end I have seen this sign on the side of the road as I drove to my daughter's home. I NEVER have my camera ready, or there is a truck or car blocking the area when I want to shoot the picture. Finally I was able to get a shot off while my husband was driving. Sorry for it not being crisp, but I was happy to finally get a photo of this sign.




I think the sign is very cool looking. I had no idea what "The Bone Shed" was all about. The smaller letters under the name of the store read, "Indoor Archery Range and Retail Store". This store is all about hunting. I guess the "bones" are of the animals that are hunted. Sorry, I'm not a hunter. Still like the sign, though!

For more signs, join Lesley here.


18 comments:

Valerie said...

Perhaps you have to shoot your own animals. Don't motorists get in the way when you're trying to take pictures... duh!

Brian Miller said...

oh you def need to go find out what the bone shed is now....ha...glad you finally got your pic...

JoJo said...

There's an Ottawa in the USA? What state?

Rae said...

Whoever designed that sign would be happy to know that the sign did its job and captured someone's attention. I like to look at road signs too.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It would make a good title for a book ......

Adam said...

hard to find indoor archery

Danica Bridges-Martin said...

Sounds intimidating! :) Danica

Anonymous said...

Would make a great name for a restaurant featuring BBQ ribs!

Gotta say, I ♥ your header shot of the Superstitions!

Lindy @ Drive-By Photos

Marleen said...

Great that you managed to take your picture!

RedPat said...

Rather gruesome name!

Liz A. said...

My niece and nephew do archery. There are some who practice at their range using targets with animals painted on them. This bothers me for some reason. (They use the standard targets.)

Donna B. said...

Definitely an interesting sign. How far do you live from your daughter?

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ooh kinda' creepy -- between this and the earwigs below you've got me shivering. It is a great sign tho..and I hate when cars get in my way of driveby shots!

Photo Cache said...

it's really a nice sign though.

Maude Lynn said...

That is a cool sign!

Gerald (SK14) said...

not seen a bone sign before

Halcyon said...

I would have been intrigued by the sign too, but probably not much by the store! :)

Lesley said...

i was confused by the Ottawa! We have a few relics in our Ottawa, but no Bone Sheds as far as I know :)